JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – 2 May 2023 Samsung Electronics has unveiled its newest and ultra-premium Micro LED TV with prices ranging from R1.4 million up to R3 million, available in screen sizes from 76” up to 126”. With advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customisable accessories and an upgraded interface, the Micro LED screens bring the vision of ‘More WOW than ever’ closer to reality with lifelike images, immersive sound and hyper-personalised experiences.
Created from sapphire materials, this borderless, razor slim TV is impressive and offers exceptional sound quality while delivering a front-row experience that feels like you’re sitting in a movie theatre or a concert hall. The launch follows hot on the heels of the recent accolades where Samsung was named as the number 1 global TV brand for the 17th consecutive Year by market research firm Omdia.
“Samsung understands that TV entertainment is more exciting when it’s involving and more cinematic and the Micro LED TV heeds that call in exceptional fashion. With its innovative take on what’s possible, it stretches viewing possibilities to grander levels. The Micro LED TV demonstrates the potential of ultra-premium home screen products for Samsung and shows not only the tech leadership but the company’s bold approach to creating products,” said Mike van Lier, Vice President of Consumer Electronics at Samsung. “Ultimately, it is all for our customers and those who get to have the pleasure of witnessing this level of TV will attest to its majestic viewing experience and how it suits their lifestyle.”
MICRO LED: The Pinnacle of Display Technology
In addition to the hardware innovations, the Micro LED supports 20-bit greyscale depth. This means Micro LED models can express every detail in a scene, offering the finest control with over 1 million steps of brightness and colour levels, delivering a true HDR experience. It also expresses 100% of DCI and Adobe RGB colour gamut, resulting in stunning, lifelike colours. Together with the immaculate design made possible by its 99.99% screen-to-body ratio, Micro LED delivers revolutionary performance
Finally, Micro LED comes packed with enhanced usability and customisation features.
- Art Mode allows consumers to turn any room into an art gallery as they can select and display their favourite artwork or digital photography.
- Multi View lets users view content from four different sources simultaneously – from any or all of the four HDMI ports – in pristine 4K resolution at up to 120fps.
- Dolby Atmos delivers a premier audio experience with top, side and bottom channel speakers for breath-taking, multi-dimensional sound.
The New Smart Hub and Apps for the Ultimate User Experience
Samsung’s Smart TVs come with a new Smart Hub that puts content curation and discovery front and center with their viewing preferences. The new Smart Hub will guide users to their favorite content or help them discover something new all while spending less time searching. The Smart Hub’s sidebar also allows for a seamless transition between categories, letting users focus on various in-home activities.i
- NFT Platform: This application features an intuitive, integrated platform for discovering, purchasing and trading digital artwork through Micro LED together with Neo QLED and The Frame TVs.
- Smart Calibration: This feature allows users to fine tune the settings for optimal picture quality. Basic mode features a quick and easy way of calibrating the screens within 30 seconds, while Professional mode optimises the screens for pristine picture quality in about 10 minutes.